Dr. Hamid Montakab
Graduated from the Medical School of Paris, did his residency in surgery and completed a 3-year education in acupuncture. Later spending 4 months in clinical training in China, followed by 2 years in exploring the local healing in the Philippines and India.
He practiced for 5 years in America after obtaining the NCCA certification and a degree in Chinese Herbalism.
He founded the Academy of Chinese Healing Arts in Switzerland in 86.
Dr. Montakab was commissioned by the Swiss National Fond to conduct a scientific research study on Acupuncture and Insomnia.
In 95 he was the co-founder and president of the Swiss Professional Organization for TCM (SPO-TCM).
Currently he practices in Savièse and lectures in Winterthur and in Europe.
- Treatment of Acute ankle sprains with Acupuncture (thesis 77)
- Stresskrankheiten: co-author 2006 (Elsevier)
- Acupuncture and Insomnia/ Sleep and Dreams in Chinese Medicine (2011 Thieme)
- Bridging the Gap/ Acupuncture Point and Channel Energetics (2014 Kiener)
- Chinese Medicine Revisited/ A Western view of Chinese Medicine (2015 Homaya)